WHY IS MY ANSWERING SYSTEM NOT RECORDING MESSAGES?
1) Make sure your answering system is plugged into a live telephone jack and power source.
2) Make sure your answering system is turned on.
3) Some answering systems have an announce only option, which plays your greeting but won't record messages. Make sure your system is set to record messages.
4) Your answering system’s message capacity may be full. You must erase old messages to make room for new ones.
5) If you have voicemail service in addition to your answering system, your caller’s message may be going into voicemail before your answering system picks up the call. Program your voicemail to pick up at least 2 rings after your answering system is set to answer the call.