LIMITED WARRANTYWhat does VTech's limited warranty cover? The manufacturer of this VTech product, VTech Communications, warrants to the holder of a valid proof of purchase ("Consumer" or "you") that the product and all accessories provided by VTech in sales package ("Product") are free from material defects in material and workmanship, pursuant to the following terms and conditions, when installed and used normally and in accordance with operation instructions. This limited warranty extends only to the Consumer for Products purchased and used in the United States of America. What will VTech Communications do if the Product is not free from material defects in materials and workmanship during the limited warranty period ("Materially Defective Product")? During the limited warranty period, VTech's authorized service representative will repair or replace at VTech's option, without charge, a Materially Defective Product. If we repair this product, we may use new or refurbished replacement parts. If we choose to replace this product, we may replace it with a new or refurbished product of the same or similar design. VTech will return repaired or replacement products to you in working condition. VTech will retain defective parts, modules, or equipment. Repair or replacement of Product, at VTech's option, is your exclusive remedy. You should expect the repair or replacement to take approximately 30 days. How long is the limited warranty period?
The limited warranty period for the product extends for ONE (1) YEAR from date of purchase (90 days on products purchased as Refurbished*). This limited warranty also applies to repaired or replacement Products for a period of either (a) 90 days from the date the repaired or replacement Product is shipped to you or (b) the time remaining on the original one-year limited warranty (90-day limited warranty on products that are purchased as Refurbished*). Whichever is longer.
*Refurbished products purchased from our online store carry a 90-day replacement warranty.
What is not covered by this limited warranty?This limited warranty does not cover:
- Product that has been subjected to misuse, accident, shipping or other physical damage, improper installation, abnormal operation or handling, neglect, inundation, fire, water or other liquid intrusion; or
- Product that has been damaged due to repair, alteration or modification by anyone other than an authorized service representative of VTech; or
- Product to the extent that the problem experienced is caused by signal conditions, network reliability or cable or antenna systems; or
- Product to the extent that the problem is caused by use with non-VTech electrical accessories; or
- Product whose warranty/quality stickers, Product serial numbers plates or electronic serial numbers have been removed, altered or rendered illegible; or
- Product purchased, used, serviced, or shipped for repair from outside the United States, or used for commercial or institutional purposes (including but not limited to Products used for rental purposes); or
- Product returned without valid proof of purchase (see 2 below); or
- Charges for installation or set up, adjustment of customer controls, and installation or repair of systems outside the unit.
- To obtain warranty service in the United States of America. Call 1-800-595-9511 for instructions regarding where to return the Product. Before calling for service, please check the user's manual. A check of the Product controls and features may save you a service call.
- Except as provided by applicable law, you assume the risk of loss or damage during transit and transportation and are responsible for delivery or handling charges incurred in the transport of Product(s) to the service location. VTech will return repaired or replaced product under this limited warranty to you, transportation, delivery or handling charges prepaid. VTech assumes no risk for damage or loss of the Product in transit.
- If the Product failure is not covered by this limited warranty, or proof of purchase does not meet the terms of this limited warranty, VTech will notify you and will request that you authorize the cost of repair and return shipping costs for the repair of Products that not covered by this limited warranty.
- Return the entire original package and contents including the Product to the VTech service location along with a description of the malfunction or difficulty;
- Include "valid proof of purchase" (sales receipt) identifying the Product purchased (Product model) and the date of purchase or receipt; and
- Provide your name, compete and correct mailing address, and telephone number.